- Creating the Opportunity to Learn: Moving from Research to Practice to Close the Achievement Gap with A. Wade Boykin, Howard University, Washington, DC and Pedro Noguera, New York University, New York, NY
- Tech and Talk: Multimedia and Cooperative Learning Team Up with Robert Slavin, Paul Miller, Lynsey Seabrook, Tracey Heitmeier, Success for All, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Finding Each Student's Sweet Spot: Optimizing Engagement and Learning with Martha Kaufeldt, Begin With the Brain, Scotts Valley, CA and Gayle Gregory, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- The Checklist Manifesto with Atul Gawande (a book I blogged about here two years ago)
- Bach, Beethoven, and the Blues: Lessons for Leadership with Doug Reeves, The Leadership and Learning Center, Englewood, CO
- Once Upon the 21st Century with Watts Wacker, NY, NY
So, put on your comfy weekend clothes and join me here. I look forward to sharing what I learn with you this weekend.
Speaking of ASCD, I need your help. I just finished drafting an article to submit for an upcoming issue of Educational Leadership. I have someone lined up to help with copy editing, but I could use a couple of volunteers to give me some feedback on the content of the article. The topic is how to use data visualizations as feedback in the classroom. If you have time to read (~2000 words) and provide me with some reactions ("I don't get this part...", "Add more here...", "Take this out...", etc.), I can offer you my undying appreciation in return. (Wow! What a deal!) If you're willing and able, contact me at the_science_goddess[at]yahoo[dot]com or @ me on Twitter, and I will email you a copy. My deadline is pressing, so I would need your comments no later than Tuesday, March 27.