An aside: If the biology stuff isn't how you roll, then click on over to this week's Carnival of Education, hosted by The Colussus of Rhodey.
Ms. Porter has tagged me with a meme that I think I may have done before, but surely there are seven more things I can think of to reveal...
The rules are:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Without further ado...
- I'm a morning person. Yes, one of those people you love to hate. I don't know how it happened. I would much rather be a night owl---there's so many more cool things to do. As it is now, I wake up early and full of energy to get going on the day. It sucks as much as one might imagine.
- I don't like to gamble...not even play the nickel slots...not even with other people's money. ("Can I quit now?") I do like card games, but rarely get to play.
- I've never changed a baby's diaper nor touched the belly of a Buddha-ish pregnant woman.
- I make a damned good margarita. Y'all should come over sometime and I'll knock you nekkid with one. The secret is in the sweet and sour. I boil lots of sugar, water, and fresh squeezed lime juice with a couple of cinnamon sticks. That gets mixed with tequila, grand marnier, and a splash of orange juice. They're sneaky, but ohsosatisfying.
- I am a firm believer and supporter of open records for adoptees. I think it's shameful that they are the one class of citizens who are not entitled to their own (original) birth certificates---even moreso that the US won't ratify an international human rights agreement because the agreement specifically describes open records. If you need another place to give charitable contributions, please provide help at Bastard Nation.
- Is there a cooler job on the planet than being a Mythbuster? I think not.
- I have a polka dot fetish. I don't know why I'm so drawn to the pattern, but I can hardly resist it. When I have my blog template overhauled---it must have dots.