First, the rules:
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, "The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is..." Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
- You can leave them exactly as is.
- You can delete any one question.
- You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question.
- For instance, you could change "The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is..." to "The best time travel novel in Westerns is...", or "The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is...", or "The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is...".
- You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form "The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is...".
- You must have at least one question in your set, or you've gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you're not viable.
- Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions. Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
So, without further ado:
great-great-great-grandparent is Pharyngula.
great-great-grandparent is Metamagician and the Hellfire Club
great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite.
grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock.
My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Primate Diaries
My great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Thus Spake Zuska.
My great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is a k8, a cat, a mission.
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is Monkeygirl.
My great-great-great-grandparent is DancingFish.
My great-great-grandparent is Dr. Brazen Hussy.
My great-grandparent is Addy.
My grandparent is Mommy/prof.
My parent is A Shrewdness of Apes.
The best short story in SciFi/Fantasy is: "Kaleidoscope," by Ray Bradbury.
The best cult movie in comedy is: Airplane!
The best children’s novel in classic fiction is: Wizard of Oz
The best high-fat food in Southern cooking is: chicken fried steak
The best recent movie in comedy is: Idiocracy
Okay---be fruitful and multiply...don't let me go extinct:
- Mrs. Bluebird
- Mike at Education in Texas
- Brown-eyed Girlie
- Mimi (little miss Flowers and Sausages)
- Dr. Pezz, Ryan, and Jim (one of you has got to be able to come up with something better than The Wizard of Oz)