The rules are 1. Let others know who tagged you. 2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. 3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. 4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
It's summer and time to play, right?
- The name on my original birth certificate is "Christine Frances." My birthfather was a Catholic and thought naming me after Christ and St. Francis would confer some sort of protection as they sent me off into the world. Mind you, my middle name was first spelled "Francis," but because that was a "boy" name, the government wouldn't allow it. My birthmother had a difficult enough time getting my birthfather to sign the birth certificate the first time...and wasn't sure she could get him to do it a second time. But she did.
- I'm allergic to strawberries. There is an enormous patch of them at my house and I happily allow the birds to consume the pretty red berries that emerge in the summer.
- If I had my path in life to chart all over again from age 17, I would have worked toward becoming a forensic anthropologist. Not that I don't feel comfortable and successful in my career...and I suppose that I'm not too old to start over...but having had some time out in the world has opened up my mind to more possibilities than I would have ever known about growing up in a small town. Maybe I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. :)
- I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books...nor seen any of the films. I think I may be the one person on the planet who has not contributed to the wealth of J.K. Rowling. Ditto for J.R.R. Tolkien('s estate).
- When I moved to Washington 11 years ago, I really considered myself Hispanic, by culture. After spending most of my life in a Tex-Mex speaking town with traditions strongly influenced by "border culture" (including food, holidays, etc.), I more strongly identified with that ethnicity than anything. However, the longer I have been away, the more that part of me slips into the background. I am really half Russian, and a quarter each British and French.
- I collect small hearts (the shape, not the organ) carved out of different kinds of stone.
- I get a lot of satisfaction out of working with my hands. I think it's because I don't have a career where there is much in the way of tangible products. There are so many things I'd like to learn to do: woodworking, metal work/welding, creating mosaics, etc. For now, I do whatever projects are within my skill set; but I look forward to expanding on that.
- Making biscuits eludes me. I can successfully prepare nearly anything in the kitchen, but every time I make biscuits (even under the watchful gaze of an expert), they turn out like rocks.