All of this, of course, is crap. He is merely reaping what he's sown.
- Number of district offered professional development opportunities engaged in: 0
- Number of learning circles participated in: 0
- Number of conferences/inservices attended: 0
- Number of classes taken: 0
- Number of building committees served on: 0
- Number of support personnel invited to help with his classroom: 0
The other part of this equation is simply "Where are the administrators?" If there's no expectation for staff to learn and develop, then what does that say about your school...how successful to you expect change to be? But perhaps that is a story better illustrated in Part II.