This year's list is about the class of 2010. Here are a few highlights:
- The Soviet Union has never existed and therefore is about as scary as the student union.
- There has always been only one Germany.
- They have never had to distinguish between the St. Louis Cardinals baseball and football teams.
- "Google" has always been a verb.
- Phantom of the Opera has always been on Broadway.
- Computerized player pianos have always been tinkling in the lobby. (ed note: Get that piano some paper training!)
- They have no idea why we needed to ask "...can we all get along?"
- Public school officials have always had the right to censor school newspapers.
- Television stations have never concluded the broadcast day with the national anthem.
- Richard M. Daley has always been the Mayor of Chicago.
Our kindergartners are the Class of 2018. Makes you wonder what will be on the list by that time.