Question #1: 57,697
Question #2: 67,615
Question #3: 58,097 (I have now read ~1100)
Question #4: 70,123
Tomorrow will be the hardest day. It's still too far from Sunday and the amount of books left to score is beyond overwhelming. We'll keep plugging away.
After we finished, I went to the racetrack to watch the ponies. The track is just behind the Ag Hall where we are working and many Readers took advantage of the beautiful evening. I only watched four races. I spent $1 to get in...$2 on beer...$1.50 on tacos...and $6 in bets. And I won $46.70 on the second race. Not too bad, eh? My Sweetie and I were needing a little extra cash for the weekend as we are changing some plans. How nice to have this windfall---and all from liking the way a horse looked (and had 22:1 odds).
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
Today was the official last day of school. I managed to do my grades long distance, my sub survived her tenure this week, and summer has officially started. One of our new teachers passed along the list below. If you're part of the Edusphere, you will no doubt recognize these:
YOU MAY BE (or have been) A SCHOOL EMPLOYEE IF......
- You believe the playground should be equipped with a Ritalin salt lick.
- You want to slap the next person who says, "Must be nice to work 8 to 3:00 and have summers free."
- You can tell it's a full moon without looking outside.
- You believe "shallow gene pool" should have its own check box on a report card.
- You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says: "Boy, the kids sure are mellow today."
- When out in public you feel the urge to snap your fingers at children you do not know and correct their behavior.
- You have no social life between August and June.
- Marking all A's on report cards would make your life SO easy.
- You think people should be required to get a government permit before being allowed to reproduce.
- You wonder how some parents ever MANAGED to reproduce.
- You laugh uncontrollably when people refer to the staff room as the "lounge."
- You encourage an obnoxious parent to check into charter schools or Homeschooling.
- You can't have children because there's no name you could give a child that wouldn't bring on high blood pressure the moment you heard it.
- You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
- You know you are in for a major project when a parent says, "I have a great idea I'd like to discuss. I think it would be such fun."
- Meeting a child's parent instantly answers the question, "Why is this kid like this?"